Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vyper Update 1

Here is my first update on my progress on Vypers. I normally do one model before I perform any sort of assembly line type painting so that I can get all the steps and "formulas" down before I go on to the rest of the models. This one has taken me quite awhile. I am guessing it's because of basing them black. After foundation and 7 coats of red I believe I'm happy with the result of the body.










As you can see it is still a WIP (copied the green glow effect from Ron at From the Warp. I am not done with the gunner tourret, gunner, weapons, gems, highlights, metal details, gems and of course the dreaded Cosmic Serpent but figured I needed to do an update. If anyone has any tips on how they did their cosmic serpents let me know. I am leaning towards using a stencil but I'm afraid I may just have to do it free-hand.

3 comments:

  1. That Green glow is great!

    Mitch
    http://ottawagamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Like I said got it from Ron over at From the Warp.

    You can see his work on it here: http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2009/02/first-vyper-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Vypers look amazing! I've started building some Eldar variants that incorporate Vypers, 6 in fact - I haven't used Vypers since 4th edition, but my love of them has never quit!

    I'll be sure to post my recent Vyper developments on my blog too! It's work in progress at the moment! www.swordofvaul.blogspot.com

    Cheers for posting the link re the green glow effect btw! I haven't tried it yet, but i'll see how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete